Literature is a key to open the civilization of human beings, which occupies an important place in my life. I always relive the memory of the time I was in high school. I used to like to read books in the classroom or the dormitory as long as I have free time. I liked the feeling of being a reader, and enjoying valuable books has become a happy and important part in my past few years. Books taught me how to reward the elders, how to value happiness I own, and how to struggle with difficulties I meet to live as an independent woman. I couldn't possibly remember how much time I spent with books; they are like real friends and patient teachers who accompany with me every night and day whether I feel lonely or happy.
Rewarding the elder is a difficult lesson for a growing young person to learn in his or her whole life including me. Have you ever heard of such a thing: a college student who was eager to continue his education in the college, but his parents can't afford his tuition because of their financial circumstances?At last, he still insisted on finishing his college life regardless of family disagreements and sacrifice. Maybe, you would say that students in the US should work in order to graduated from college or university. However, do you believe that this kind of things happen in poor family in China almost every year? Students don't have enough money to continue their college, and their parents usually support student financially. I read this real story in books and magazines repeatedly. The most meaningful point was in the last few sentences of this article, “We often think of how to reward our parents, but we always think we have a lot of time to do that. Then, we wait and wait until we get older and older; we find that our parents have left us for another world. They didn't get anything from you until death comes. Reward your parents as soon as possible, even new shoes, a bunch of a flowers, or a simple sincere note. They will be satisfied and happy." It is so similar and closed to my life, and warns me that can’t forget to thank my parents at any moment. Actually, I will never have enough time to reward them fully, even if I have a long time, I can't repay them fully because the love they give me is priceless.
Just like ignoring parents' sacrifice, we often admire the happiness of others, and ignore the happiness we have already own. "Remember of the happiness”, is an impressive article written by a famous Chinese writer, Bi Shumin. In that article, I read words I will never forget for my whole life: "We always like to aftertaste the specimen of the happiness, but we ignore to treasure the happiness when they come in front of us.” We are often eager to gain wealth, reputation, and power. But happiness isn't relevant to them. When we don't have anything, we have happiness because we have good health; when we don't have good health, we have happiness because we have a healthy heart; when we don't have a healthy heart, we can still say, "We have happiness because we have lived in the world." Though this article, I saw the happiness I possess. I have my parents who often care about me every day and night. They still stand by my side. I have a few real friends; they often give me a hand when I am in a daze. I have a healthy body and heart. Besides, I can think of a lot of happiness I have all the time. When I feel sad, I always think of those words. Therefore, don't covet others' happiness, or think that you are suffering. Do you believe it? In every life, happiness is more than the sufferings because the happiness has the value which the sufferings don’t have.
In order to protect and pursue more happiness, I should overcome the difficulties I order to be an independent person during my life. Have you read Jane Eyre? This book describes a strong girl, who is brave enough to pursue her happiness, even though she grew up in a hard situation. She still finds her happiness on her own As an independent woman, her spirit deeply shocks me. In her early age, she lost her parents and was abused by her aunt and cousins in her uncle’s house. She was sent to the school named Lowood after she got sick in the house and couldn’t stand their abuses. During the time, she saw her best friend die of disease and she couldn’t do anything for her. When she thought she found her real love, God seemed to play a joke on her. She found her lover had had a wife all along. However, she married with her real lover at last. After reading the book, I learn that I’m fortunate though I always complain about the difficulties I face. These difficulties are part of life. Life changes every moment and every second. When I saw all kinds of difficulties people face in the world, my difficulties seem to be so little. For my future, I need to be stronger and more independent.
All of examples are just small part of influencing my life by literature, that plays an important role in my future. I have a good time with my favorite books. During the time that spent with my books, I start to care about the elder especially rewarding my parents, and discovering that the happiness I have own and treasuring them as much possible as I can. Also, I learn to be brave and independent woman to pursue my future for me and everyone around me. For me, literature is not only the key to open the civilization, but also the key to help me succeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment