When I look at the girl who is smiling in the photo, I often stare at her for a long time as if she is another me who lives in another place. I miss the time I spent with many companions, but I don't know if they have forgotten all of our happy times. Actually, they have grown up and gone to different places. This means that they have their lives, which are different from mine. As for me, I'm also living a colorful life and enjoy my time. Suddenly, the eight- year old girl jumps from the photo and is standing in front of me. She is the eight-year-old me.
The girl says to me:"Do you remember your past? I 'm your past. I want to remind you of past times, maybe they are fading from your mind."
"I'm honored." I say with a joking tone.
“Do you remember you played with your brother in a sandy land at the age of three? At that time, you had a healthy body and happy smile. Everything seemed to be new and exciting every day. When you were a little girl, you were able to take care of your brother because our parents were always working outside. However, you never thought you were lonely because your little brother always accompanied you. Even if he was naughty, you were capable of doing everything to the best of your ability. You were at least a good girl. Besides, you had a happy childhood because of your great mother, who always took care of you when you were seriously sick. Even though you were in a poor family, you still had a happy life without worrying about anything.Do you feel satisfied with your childhood now?"
I sit in a deep thought and answer, with a light smile, “I always think so."
We start to be relaxed and sit on the bed. I serve her a cup of tea.
She asks me like a mature girl," Now, can you tell me about your changes over these years?"
I think for a while and tell her all of things that have happened to me, especially my life in high school. I tell her that that was the first time I left home to live alone. That was a happy and unforgettable time in my life. I still miss the day that I went out to eat Tangyuan, a glutinous rice balls, with my roommate on a special day. And all kinds of little things gave me a deep impresson such as going shopping in the lively streets, celebrating the birthday in the dormitory, and singing together like a big family that was made up of different girls. On the other hand, the saddest thing in my deep memory was that I failed the final exam and went to an undergraduated college. And it made me feel utterly desperate and helpless. Fortunately, I came to the USA and have another chance to achieve my dream.
"You are lucky," she says happily.
"So I appreciate it no matter how hard it is for me." I say with a low voice, "This is a hard journey you need to prepare for it now, but before you do, enjoy your childhood. You know, this is a valuable time and it will never come back to your life again. "
When I ask her what's her feeling about my recent years, she feels surprised and excited for her future and can’t wait to experience everything. Meanwhile, she feels worried and nervous. I have no idea how to comfort her; after all, I'm also worried about her, an eight-year-old me. She is curious about how I grew up until today. I don’t want to tell her because I want her to use her own ways to go on her future.
"I believe you can do it, even though it is not easy to suffer through everything. Many people will help you. Take their advice, but don't depend on them. Don't let others tell you what you can't do. If you really want to do something well, you can do it. Achieving your dream is just a matter of time and your efforts."
I pause for a while and have some tea; she looks at me with confused eyes.
"Just remember this is a hard pat., Be serious about your choices and don't be childish," I add. She looks more confident; however, she doesn’t say anything.
It is time for her to leave. We hug each other tightly to feel our hearts.
The girl says to me," I’m proud of me all the time."
At that moment, I see bright light in her eyes. I seem to believe she will do better than I, a different girl, another me. Before I respond to her words, she leaves. I only see the shadow on back of her small body. I suddenly realize she maybe one of my real friend-in fact, the one friend who knows me best. She lives in my heart all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment